As governor ROCHAS OKOROCHA of Imo bows out today, 28 May, 2019 after eight years in office. These are his last words.
- “Her Excellency, my wife, in whom I am well pleased. The journey I, Rochas Okorocha started with you 8 years ago is coming to an end today. You are still with me and will continue to be with me”.
- “My commissioners, my expanded excos, I salute you. Today, nature has permitted that we must shut down”.
- “I want to announce to you that the masses have bowed out. The elites have taken over the governance of Imo State”.
- “Let me announce to my political enemies to stop. This is because they have no justifiable reason to fight me. Let no one fight me, and I will not fight anybody”.
- “As I bow out today, am leaving the total sum of 42.5 Billion naira for the incoming government. 8.1 Billion Naira plus another 7.6 Billion naira totalling 15.7 Billion naira is in Zenith bank. 5.2 Billion naira is in Access Bank for payment of pensioners. Another 21.6 Billion naira is in First bank meant for rural roads. Just yesterday, we received a tax refund of 5.6 Billion Naira and it’s with Zenith. This therefore bring the total money left for the Government to 48.1 Billion naira.
- Ethelbert Anayo Rochas Okorocha